Monday, August 22, 2011

WHEN I WAS A CHILD







When I was  a Child

by: Alma A. Erana



                     When I was a child, I always play with my childhood friends
                                            In the morning, afternoon, even in the evening
                                  Playing, running, singing how happy we are, that cannot be forgotten
That was really my habit when I was a child
And that is the reality as a child can be


       When I was a child I used to catch a grasshopper
        Never thinking how alert that kind of living thing
Using all the might to grasp that over
Even though after all, it’s no good at all
But I was very happy at those moments


                       When I was a child I always climb any kind of fruit trees
Excited with courage and ecstasy
          In order to reach and pick its fruits with excitement
    To taste the goodness and sweetness of its fruits
                               Never minding the obstacles might happen, and I passed it over


       When I was a child, I was also mountain climber
Together with my childhood friends
We used to climb mountains everywhere
                                      To get woods used for cooking, to ease the hindrance in every living
How happy are we, on this earth living


                   How I’d wish that those moments will come back again
So that I still enjoy the enjoyment of a child
                  But we know that the time will never come back again
All I can do, is to reminisce
          What a happy moment when I was a child










No comments:

Post a Comment